The Manta Class Heavy Fighter was designed as to phase out the T'chaar class assault shuttle. Due to the limitations inherant in growing starfighters, the Mrrshan have elected to create an all-Mechanical starfighter corps. The Manta is designed as a Heavy Fighter/Bomber, capable of attacking frigates and ground targets, while maintaining reasonable maneuverability in battle conditions. While a Manta Class Bomber is slow compared to other Mrrshan fighters, it makes up for it in raw maneuverability. With its gravitic engines, it is capable of rapid vector changes, while the plasma engines have rotating nozzles mounted on them to attain nearly the same maneuverability.
- Length: 15 meters
- Width: 14 meters
Height: 3.5 Meters
- Power: Krellium Enhanced Fusion Reactor or Miniaturized ZPR
- Engines: 4 interphased Plasma Engines or 2 Miniaturized Gravitic Drive Engines
- FTL: Holtzman FTL or Starburst, Hetch 2
- Hull: Re-Enforced Xentronium Composite Hull, Xentronium Armor or light flowmetal armor
- Shields: Enhanced Class X shields or Aetheryn Shielding systems.
- Weapons: Twin Heavy Mauler Cannons OR Twin Tachyon Pulse Disruptors, OR Twin Heavy Particle Beam Cannons, 2 Tachyon pulse disablers, 2 Krellium Torpedo launchers (8 torpedoes per launcher). The fighter also has 4 additional wing hardpoints for either energy weapons or Krellium Missile Racks (4 missiles per rack.) or Krellium Bomb Racks (8 bombs per rack.)
(Crew: Pilot, Gunner, TI-171 Astromech Droid (Optional)